My little one officially has 2 teeth and we seem to be catching a bit of a break before the next tooth arrives. I thought I’d give you all my top 10 must-haves for little teethers!
- Baby Banana Teething Toothbrush > I love this teether because not only does it sooth those hurting gums, but it’s also a great training toothbrush. Shop here: Baby-Banana-Toothbrush
- Frozen Baby Teethers > Anything frozen is great for inflamed little gums! My daughter loves this Giraffe teether mainly because it’s easy to grip. Shop here: Giraffe-Teether
- Sophie the Giraffe > Before I had my daughter I always thought people raved way too much about this rubber toy, but Sophie is a magical silencer. I can’t tell you how many screaming fits have been nixed because of Sophie. Shop here: Sophie
- Mommy Teething Necklaces > I picked up one of these bad boys from a bulk buying moms group and I’m so glad I did! I find these to be super helpful when we aren’t in the comfort of our own home, especially when I’m baby wearing! Shop here: Teething-necklace-for-mom
- Lovies > This is a great time to introduce a lovie, if you plan to do so! My daughter hated anything I offered her so I decided to make her one. Shop here: Baby-security-blanket
- Amber Teething Necklace > Buying this necklace was not something I had ever planned, but after 4 days of screaming I broke down and decided to try it. Thank heavens I did because my little love has finally calmed down! I am definitely a believer in the amber, and I’ve heard the lighter the color the more affective it is. Shop here: Baltic-Amber-Teething-Necklace
- Babyganics Teething Gel > Although the smell reminds me of my grandmothers house this gel is highly affective and benzocaine free! Shop here: Babyganics-Teething-Pods
- Fresh Food Feeder > These mesh food feeders are great for any age, especially those early teethers. Fill them with frozen formula/breast milk, frozen juice, or frozen fruit. Shop here: Munchkin-Feeder
- Frozen Veggies > I got this idea from another awesome mom when she started baby lead weaning. She froze veggies (carrots & celery are great) and used them as a teether/ snack. If you are looking for great baby lead weaning ideas here’s a link to her instagram: hungryhungryhanky
- PATIENCE. And I say this with a grain of salt. Before teething was in full swing we had a rough 4 months, and then things seemed to get better. But as soon as the drooling, whining, clingy, crying baby made me want to pull my hair out I had to truly buckle down and learn to have patience. Those first few months didn’t stand a chance to teething. I know it can be hard when you’ve had 3 hours of sleep, your significant other has no idea what to do, the baby only wants you, you haven’t had a decent meal since you were 8 months pregnant, and showering seems like a thing of the past…BUT I hope these tips can make your life and your little ones life a bit easier 🙂
If you have other tips for tiny teethers please feel free to share!!!